Welcome - I hope you enjoy viewing my work. I modify most of my figure kits so that they wind up quite different from the original. (And there is a lot more here than just dinosaurs - so browse on!) I re-discovered the joy of art in mid-life and its been a joy to create and share my vision with others. Art, like all creative gifts, exists to be shared so as to enrich the lives of others.
So this website is my gift to you. If you have an interest in art/sculpting/modeling of all kinds of subjects, I would recommend that you check out the Internet Figure Modeling Clubhouse at
INTERNET CLUBHOUSE and also see
At both sites you will find incredible artists and sculptors, some nationally known. Their work will leave you in awe.
Thank you for stopping by!
NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS: THE GALLERY PAGE LINKS ARE THE SMALL NUMBERS ON THE LEFT, JUST ABOVE THE INDEX PHOTOS. TO ENLARGE PHOTOS, CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL, THEN CLICK ON THE ENLARGED PHOTO IN THE LOWER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THIS PAGE AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
Because of its unusual features, Agustinia was originally assigned to its own family, Agustiniidae (Bonaparte, 1999). This family name has not come into wide acceptance. Agustinia is difficult to classify because of its fragmentary nature, and because it exhibits features of both diplodocoid and titanosaurian sauropods. Both groups are known in Early Cretaceous Argentina, so Agustinia most likely belongs to one or the other, but until more complete remains are found, it will be hard to know which one.
My customized reconstruction of this dinosaur is based on a speculative painting of this beastie.
I decided to add spikes to the neck and a 'Thagomizer' to the tail - (after all, there were other really weird spikey sauropods around at that time in South America, including some with 'Thagomizers'.)
FIrst I made a cast of a Carnegie Diplodocus head, and attached it to the Procon Collecta Agustinia body with a wire. I extended the tail with another wire and putty.
The paint job naturally 'evolved' as I did it - bluish dark grey with a hint of yellow on the belly, then experimentation til I got a mix of gold and red acrylic paints for the spikes. When dry I sprayed it with acrylic matte sealant.
Comments (0) | Add a Comment