Welcome - I hope you enjoy viewing my work. I modify most of my figure kits so that they wind up quite different from the original. (And there is a lot more here than just dinosaurs - so browse on!) I re-discovered the joy of art in mid-life and its been a joy to create and share my vision with others. Art, like all creative gifts, exists to be shared so as to enrich the lives of others.
So this website is my gift to you. If you have an interest in art/sculpting/modeling of all kinds of subjects, I would recommend that you check out the Internet Figure Modeling Clubhouse at
INTERNET CLUBHOUSE and also see
At both sites you will find incredible artists and sculptors, some nationally known. Their work will leave you in awe.
Thank you for stopping by!
NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS: THE GALLERY PAGE LINKS ARE THE SMALL NUMBERS ON THE LEFT, JUST ABOVE THE INDEX PHOTOS. TO ENLARGE PHOTOS, CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL, THEN CLICK ON THE ENLARGED PHOTO IN THE LOWER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THIS PAGE AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
For the paint job I mixed acrylic bronze with acrylic black.
This was a 1/10 scale Costco thick PVC skeleton. It was rubber, bent tail, two wires, inferior shape head - but a great 'customization platform'.
I drilled holes throughout the spinal column and tail and managed to slide all of the aforementioned pieces onto one thick bronze rod.
The original head was so bad I replaced it with a heavy resin Kinto 1/10 TRex head. Holding it up required reinforcing the neck vertebrae with TWO thick bronze rods, which on one end went into holes drilled in the back of the skull, and on the other into the spinal vertebrae.
Note: All connection points between vertebrae were further reinforced with Bondini glue (available on ebay and cheap) - which is particularly good on rubber/PVC compounds.
In a few spots Quickplastic putty was also used, where there were minor gaps showing the wire that had to be covered up.
I drilled holed and inserted rods through each thigh and into the underneath of the spinal column to secure the legs better.
Then I completely re-oriented the arms into the correct 'hanging underneath the body with the claws turned inward' position.
Then came the hard part. Where to put the supporting wire. After much trial and error I placed the wire at mid-body, and moulded 'earth' out of putty on the left side of both feet (toes) to keep it from sliding.
Comments (0) | Add a Comment